Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fish fry review - St. Matthias, South County

Well, I went to my first fish fry this week, and I'll try to hit different ones each week.

St. Matthias is located at 796 Buckley Rd in South County and their fish fry is held each Friday during Lent.

Details:
$6.50 for an adult dinner, $6 for seniors, kids meals, more for crab cakes. Desserts and sodas are a la carte.

The menu this year includes baked fish and crab cakes (I didn't try those). St. Matthias always has their fryers outside in a special area, which you can see when you come into the school. I had the fried fish, which was lightly breaded and crisp, almost a beer batter, which was really good. The cole slaw, with red and green cabbage, left a little to be desired. Green beans were okay, but nothing extravagant. Not a lot of side choices, but a nice dining environment.

My grade: B+

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home