Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February 1 St. Brigid of Ireland, news, sad note

Hello everyone!

I am still investigating a few more expansion topics for the site. Since the history of St. Boniface is so varied, it's been really fun evaluating what more to add. I've even been using some of those Genealogy links I posted recently.

Have an idea? Send it over.

In the news: The Supreme Court of the US now has a Catholic majority.

If you were ever a student at St. Boniface school in the late 1970s and 1980s, you probably remember Rosemary Oellermann as one of the lunch ladies who worked in the cafeteria. Mrs. Oellermann and her sister-in-law, Doris Krull, (my classmate Diane's mom) worked making lunch time interesting with homemade pizza and other good things, even if they occasionally had to serve those government lima beans no one liked.

Mrs. Oellermann was also my grandma's neighbor across the alley, so I don't remember a time when I did not know her. I had not seen her in a long time, but read this with sadness when I saw it in the paper yesterday. My condolences and prayers go to the Oellermann and Krull families today.

Oellermann, Rosemary A. (nee Krull), baptized into the hope of Christ's resurrection, on Sunday, January 29, 2006. Beloved wife of the late Roy A. Oellermann Sr.; dear mother of Sr. Rosemary CPPS, Ruth Ann Pritchard (Julian), Rita Ann Baker (Randy), Roy A. Oellermann Jr. (Erin); dear sister of Leo P., Robert J. Krull and the late Edward and Henry J. Jr. Krull; dear grandmother of Alan J. and James M. Pritchard, Bruce A. Baker, Roy III, Christina Megan, Eric and Olivia Rose Oellermann; dear great-grandmother of Jammie, Jeremy and Jacob Pritchard; our dear sister-in-law, aunt, great-aunt, great-great-aunt, cousin and friend to many.Services: Funeral from HOFFMEISTER SOUTH COUNTY Chapel, 1515 Lemay Ferry Rd. (63125), on Thursday, February 2 at 9:30 a.m. to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, 4092 Blow St. (63116), for 10 a.m. Mass. Entombment Mt. Hope Cemetery. Donations to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundatuon. Visitation on Wednesday from 3 p.m.-9 p.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary was my grandmother..my name is Christina Oellermann..and i miss her very much..i wish i would have got to see her before she had left us all but someday i will...Miss and love you Grandma!!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home