Friday, January 13, 2006

An interesting article from the San Diego Union-Tribune

While I was doing more research, I ran into this article about how collectible religious items are becoming.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060108/news_1hs08kovels.html

There are several companies that appear in search engines when you search for antique religious artifacts. I will add more information as I find it to the Where is it? page. My aim is to provide a resource for former St. Boniface parishioners who are interested in what became of these beautiful items. If they would have been up for public auction as promised by the Archdiocese, I would have possibly bought something. :)

Disclaimer: I have a few religious items and artwork myself in my own home. I have some Brother Mel Meyer pieces in my home, because I genuinely enjoy his work. I am an alumna of a high school in St. Louis which has one of Brother Mel's earlier commissions -- a full chapel.

Brother Mel's work can be purchased at the Marianist Galleries on the campus of Vianney High School, near the intersection of I-44 and Lindbergh (Kirkwood) Road.

See http://www.melsmart.com for examples of Brother Mel's work.

As always, if you have any information on the whereabouts of any St. Boniface items, please feel free to comment or contact me via e-mail. See the stbonifaceonline main page for e-mail information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home